D Terg drilling detergent is a blend of surface-active agents. It is designed to reduce the surface tension of all water-base mud systems and reduce the sticking tendency of water-sensitive shale cuttings.
- Minimizes bit and BHA balling.
- Reduces the surface tension of the liquid phase, helping to drop sand and remove drill solids.
- Improves water-wetting action on all solids and reduces the sticking tendency of reactive shale cuttings
- Functions as an emulsifier, reducing the viscosity of oil-contaminated fluids.
- Effective in all water-base muds.
Normal treatments range from 0.1 to 0.2 lb/bbl (0.29 to 0.57 kg/m3) and provide satisfactory performance under most conditions. In severe gumbo shale areas, .5 to 1lb/bbl concentrations of D Terg are recommended to minimize bit and BHA balling; higher concentrations may cause foaming and require a defoamer. D Terg is effective in all water-base systems including freshwater, brackish water, seawater and saturated saltwater fluids.
Additional Product Info.
For more information about D Terg, please contact us.
BCS Fluids is a drilling and completion fluids service company dedicated to quality, service and performance. With the best available technology, products, and equipment, BCS Fluids is capable of servicing the most challenging projects.
Have questions about BCS services or products? Contact us!
BCS Fluids LLC
714 E. Rutland St.
Covington, LA 70433
985.893.6600 | 888.535.8437
24 Hour Delivery & Maintenance
- HARVEY, LA
- LAFAYETTE, LA
- SIMMSBORO, LA
- JENNINGS, LA
- MIDLAND, TX
- HOUSTON, TX