BOREVERT LEM organic gelling agent is a liquid rheology modifier used in BoreVert oil‐base mud system. It increases low‐shear‐rate viscosities (LSRV) and gel strengths for improved hole cleaning. The primary application for BoreVert LEM additive is in large‐diameter, high‐angle, horizontal and extended‐reach wells to increase cuttings‐carrying capacity. This permits higher rates of penetration while maintaining wellbore stability. BoreVert LEM produces a high shear‐thinning rheological profile, excellent for cleaning high angle and extended reach wells.
- Improves the rheological profile and hole cleaning capacity of BoreVert systems
- Produces a more shear‐thinning rheology profile as compared to conventional oil‐mud gelling agents
- Increases LSRV and gel strengths with minimal yield point and plastic viscosity changes; gels tend to be fragile and non‐progressive
- Can be used in existing systems or in newly built systems
- After the initial additions of BoreVert LEM additive, daily maintenance treatments are very low
BoreVert LEM additive is used to improve cuttings transport in large‐diameter or directional wells, especially wells with diameters greater than 8 ½ in. or deviations greater than 25°. It modifies the rheological profile of oil‐base muds, increasing their shear‐thinning and thixotropic characteristics without using additional clay‐base additives.
Normal concentrations range from 1 to 4 lb/bbl (2.85 to 11.4 kg/m3), depending on the brine content. Less BoreVert LEM additive is needed in muds with higher brine contents. Typical initial treatments are 1 to 2 lb/bbl for muds with oil:water ratios in the 75:25 to 85:15 range.
Additional Product Info.
For more information about BoreVert LEM, please contact us.
BCS Fluids is a drilling and completion fluids service company dedicated to quality, service and performance. With the best available technology, products, and equipment, BCS Fluids is capable of servicing the most challenging projects.
Have questions about BCS services or products? Contact us!
BCS Fluids LLC
714 E. Rutland St.
Covington, LA 70433
985.893.6600 | 888.535.8437
24 Hour Delivery & Maintenance
- HARVEY, LA
- LAFAYETTE, LA
- SIMMSBORO, LA
- JENNINGS, LA
- MIDLAND, TX
- HOUSTON, TX