Bore-SPA, sodium polyacrylate, is used in water based fluids as a filtration control agent. Bore-SPA has a temperature stability to 400 Deg F and is not susceptible to bacterial degradation.
Bore-SPA attaches to clay particles and helps to form a protective colloid on exposed shales and encapsulated cuttings.
- Stable at temperatures approaching 400 deg F.
- Not susceptible to bacterial degradations.
- Tolerates calcium contamination to 400 ppm.
- Normal treatments range from 0.5 to 1 lb/bbl.
- A viscosity “hump” may occur in non-dispersed or high-solids systems with the initial treatment.
- Subsequent treatments will reduce this viscosity “hump” in clean, low solids muds.
For more information about Bore-SPA, please contact us.
BCS Fluids is a drilling and completion fluids service company dedicated to quality, service and performance. With the best available technology, products, and equipment, BCS Fluids is capable of servicing the most challenging projects.
Have questions about BCS services or products? Contact us!
BCS Fluids LLC
714 E. Rutland St.
Covington, LA 70433
985.893.6600 | 888.535.8437
24 Hour Delivery & Maintenance
- HARVEY, LA
- LAFAYETTE, LA
- SIMMSBORO, LA
- JENNINGS, LA
- MIDLAND, TX
- HOUSTON, TX